RED (Remove Empty Directories) searches and deletes empty directories recursively below a given start folder and shows the result in a well arranged tree. Further you can create some custom rules for keeping and deleting folders. Empty files in directories can also be ignored.
Remove Empty Directories is a very small freeware of 77.5 KB only. The utility is portable and very easy to use. You have to simply scan and all the empty folders will be displayed. The user interface of the utility has been displayed in the snapshot below.
- Shows empty directories before deleting them
- Supports multiple delete modes (including Delete to recycle bin) (Version 2.2)
- Allows white and black listing of directories by using filter lists
- Can detect directories with empty files as empty
- Simple user interface
- Portable (runs from USB drive)
- Windows XP, Vista or 7 and RED might also work with Windows 8 and Linux (by using Mono)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or later (the installer should check that)
Download the software from Here
Sources: http://sourceforge.net and http://www.jonasjohn.de/red.htm
Hey! My friends, If you like my post you can save it using "Save Page as PDF" button below and you can even share them to your friends with social networking buttons provided below this post.